OUR COMPANY IS FILLED WITH EXCITING GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
The Peak Group:
DRIVEN TO SERVE
Our vision is to build long-term, sustainable, and stress-free wealth for our shareholders and each individual that contributes to the success of The Peak Group. We strive to maintain our team focused culture to support each other to meet the needs of investors.
Motivated by a Shared Purpose
Our collective skills are the engine behind profitable investments for our shareholders. However, that’s not all that we stand behind. We are also motivated to provide much-needed, high-quality, and dignified housing to America's workforce.
To do this, we seek to embody innovation, professionalism, positivity, and inclusivity in every aspect of our work and workplace culture.
Focused on Our Mission
To acquire, produce, and manage profitable real estate investments requires a unique team of leaders like you! Our team is the driving force behind our ability to provide high-quality, cost-effective housing with the convenience and simplicity our renters deserve.
At The Peak Group, We Value:
Our investors deserve to know the details of their investments, financial future and what we are doing to serve their investment goals. Transparency is at the heart of everything we do when is comes to building a strong and successful company.
The Peak Group is growing FAST! Creative, adaptive and efficient solutions are at the heart of our success. At The Peak Group, we embrace the spirit of forward thinking innovation to continue providing high quality housing for our renters and excellent returns for our investors.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. We built The Peak Group from the ground up with the help of our incredible team—and we don’t quit being the best we can be when faced with a new challenge.
A positive company culture with a focus on good humor is essential to maintain the health of each individual that comprises our whole! Hard work is crucial to getting the job done and when the going gets rough, laughter is essential.
We invest alongside our investors because we believe in the level of service and the quality of our product. This requires a team that places a high value on being dependable, reliable, and consistent. Our quality and commitment to each other and our investors can never waver.
At The Peak Group, we believe that things happen because of you! We expect our team members to embrace an issue, find a solution, and make it happen!
Do You Share Our Vision?
Now that you have seen what it takes to join The Peak Group and help carry out our vision? We are looking for future leaders with a passion for learning and growth and the commitment to identify and execute successful opportunities.
We’re also seeking talent that aligns with our core values and understands what it means to serve. Providing our renters with high-quality homes where they can live their lives with dignity is central to what we do.
If you think you share our vision and work ethic, browse our available positions below! We look forward to working with you.
- Interacts directly with residents to answer questions, resolve issues, and schedule appointments as needed
- Collection calls for non-payment of rent;
- Interacts directly with residents regarding lease violations;
- Assists with preparation and mailing of non-payment notices;
- Meets or exceeds resident ratings goals on social rating sites;
- Assists other team members and departments as needed.
- Answers resident questions, resolve issues and schedule appointments as needed;
- Assists maintenance and residents with maintenance scheduling and Meld questions;
- Schedules inspection and maintenance appointments as needed,
- Contacts residents with past due balances to secure payment;
- Contacts residents with lease violations to assure compliance;
- Assists RSM Manager with all notices, court filings, court hearing preparations;
- Ensures resident satisfaction and completes satisfactory resolutions;
- Effectively explains lease and community policies to new and current residents;
- Maintains accurate, in-depth knowledge of all aspects of properties;
- Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards;
- Completes follow-ups and call-backs with residents within 24 hours via the software and utilizes all available contact methods including portal, phone, email, and texting;
- Ability to explain policies to residents in escalated situations while maintaining composure;
- Assist with data entry into various programs as requested;
- Determines needs and responds promptly to residents while being professional, cheerful and tactful;
- Works with the property management team and maintenance to ensure work orders and resident issues are handled timely and effectively;
- Assists other teams as needed.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2 years customer service preferred; entry-level property management or maintenance experience preferred
- Bilingual - Spanish preferred
- Phone time: at least 75% of day will be on phone
- Active listening
- Critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Judgment and decision making
- Problem solving
- Service oriented
- Social perceptiveness
- Time management
This individual is responsible for the monthly financial reporting of the company. The Senior Accountant works closely with multiple property managers and various other departments (Executive Team, Asset Management, Finance) to ensure accurate and consistent reporting of financial transactions and their impact on the financial statements and investment performance statistics on a consolidated basis.
- Maintain portfolio general ledgers and related accounting schedules in accordance with GAAP historical cost and fair value accounting.
- Review property level general ledgers and supporting schedules for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Work directly with property managers.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements, supporting schedules and exhibits timely and accurately for client reports, annual plans and other external communications.
- Prepare cash flow projections and review property level budgets and performance.
- Properly record development construction draws and equity funding transactions.
- Assist in preparation of performance returns and IRRs in accordance with industry standards.
- Support the fund accountant in reconciliation of funding transactions and cash distributions including preparation of client bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure property management and advisory fees are calculated in accordance with respective agreements.
- Prepare year-end account analyses, trial balances and audit schedules and assist in the efficient and timely completions of portfolio audits by external accountants.
- Provide supporting trial balances and capital account transactions to tax preparers to facilitate the timely completion of federal and local tax returns.
- Respond promptly to client requests for supporting financial information and ad hoc reports.
- Special and ad hoc projects, as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analysis experience.
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds.
- Active listening and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience in real estate or property management a plus.
Compensation commensurate with experience
Compiles and maintains accounts payable records.
- 2+ years Accounts Payable experience
- High School Diploma required, college preferred
- Strong communication skills both oral/written- must be able to interact with employees and vendors professionally.
- Experience in property management/real estate preferred
- General knowledge of Quick books a plus
- Excel/Office 365/Outlook/Teams
- Familiar with the Purchase Order process.
- Real Estate/Construction bookkeeping a plus
- Ability to work alone or with a team in a fast-paced environment.
A/P Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts payable data.
- Process check requests
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Maintain historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Issues purchase orders and purchase order amendments.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements - research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Tracking budget expenses
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information
- Vendor relationships
- PC proficiency
- Data entry skills
Starting at $36,000 annually depending on experience.
Do You See Something Missing?
If you don’t see the position you’re looking for—but you believe that joining our team would bring something special to the table—reach out to us regardless! The spirit of innovation is one of our core values, and we are always interested in prospective ways to grow that align with our mission.